High Success & Survival Rate of Hip Replacement in India
When it comes down to it, your hips are sort of the most important organs of your body. Just imagine not being able to stand straight. In such scenarios, not only you look ridiculously slouchy, but also there is the matter of social status. It is why people with degenerative bone disorders like arthritis tent to look far to get the Hip replacement surgery to get that posture back.
However, that being said, how successful is that procedure? Furthermore, even if it is successful, can something be done in order to increase the effectiveness of the procedure?
You must be surprised after I put up these questions! Well, they are in fact necessary questions that are needed to be asked. Why? It is because of the reasons that you look for these kinds of procedures:
- Relief from pain in the joints.
- Getting your posture back.
- Getting your mobility back.
Thankfully, the hip replacement success rate in India is quite high at about 90 to 95% for the next 10 years. However, not is the time to surmise why these success rates are as such.
That brings us to the purpose of this blog, to tell you about the reasoning behind the high success rate of hip replacement surgery
The true reason behind high orthopedic surgery success rates
The reason that the reasoning behind the success rates is important can be explained in a single point:
India is not a fully developed nation. To that end, it is seen with a certain reprehensive eyes, the prospect of seeing India as a place that can provide people with hip replacement surgery
Now that you know the reason behind us explaining the reasoning, we can jump into the reason of high hip replacement survival rate in India:
- The medical model is high value rather than high costs: The entire medical model when it comes to the matter of orthopaedics in the country is shrouded with the tenet of high value rather than high costs. Many hospitals are providing the same. To that end, the only competitive edge one hospital can have over the other is skill. This has elevated the quality of procedures even further.
- Multiple options for prosthesis: When the hip replacement surgery is recommended. There are many options put forward regarding the materials of prosthesis. While this is nothing new in western countries. The materials that are provided for prosthesis in the nation are especially sturdy. You can choose from metallic, ceramic or plastic when it comes to prosthesis. Furthermore, you also have access to many sub options pertaining to these prosthetic materials.
- The Physical therapy: Regardless of which Asian country you go to, you can expect for there to be a lot of extra care when it comes to the matter of physical therapy. By extension, you can actually imagine how robust and complete the physical therapies are here. This is one of the reasons that patients tend to recovery fast here.
These are the 3 main reasons as to why the success rates are so high in India in regards to hip replacement surgery.