How much Pain after Knee Replacement Surgery
The reason that you get a knee replacement surgery is to relieve yourself from pain and immobility. However, once your surgery is over and your recovery therapy begins, there is a lot of pain that you will feel. We won’t lie to you; the pain will be enough to make you stop with your therapy. However, this is the place where your endurance and your willingness to move forward to your goal is what are going to be counted the most.
As for how long do you have pain after knee replacement surgery, it depends upon the following factors:
- How badly was your knee damaged: The knee replacement obviously happens because the joint is damaged in some way. To that end, if the degenerative disease or the accident was quite significant, then that is also going to dictate how much of the knee bones are replaced by prosthesis. While your bones will be kept in place, the initial movement might make you scream even.
- What is the extent of your prosthesis: You might have gone through either partial or total knee replacement transplant. To that end, the extent of our prosthesis might be different as well. The more you have been given, the more pain you might feel. This pain is lingering, it might even last after the recovery. However, the chances for that to happen are quite low.
- How well did your recovery therapy go: At the end of the day, it all depends upon how good your recovery has been. To that end, if your recovery has been good throughout the way, the pain will not last long. However, if that wasn’t the case and you end up skipping some sessions because of discomfort, the pain will linger for a long time.
- If you are careful throughout your recovery: While it is necessary for you to follow through the full procedure of recovery, it is also necessary that you aren’t too much enthusiastic. Too much enthusiasm means that you are not patient, and if you are not patient, your knees are going to have to bear the burden of any mishap that can occur because of your movement. If you are careful, then your recovery process will go no normal and by the end of it, your pain will be hardly noticeable.
- How much do you weigh: If your weight is a bit much, your new knees will have a hard time keeping you up. In such cases, the pain will last until you shed that extra layer of fat.
The pain after knee replacement surgery can last for a very long time until and unless you get treated at the best hospital in India.
When it comes down to it, the knee replacement surgery in India entails a lot more than just the surgical procedure; it also entails recovery methods, the medications and others.