Low Recovery Time and Low Cost: Kneecap Replacement Surgery in India
Kneecap replacement surgery is the part of Arthroplasty where the damaged kneecap is replaced along with the damages articular cartilage. When the articular cartilage of knee becomes damaged due to accidents or worn out due to degenerative issues, there are two things that are going to happen to you:
- You will feel pain with every step you take
- Moreover, even taking a step will be an ordeal as the mobility of the leg will be restricted.
That being us to the purpose of the knee replacement surgery:
- To make sure that your knee pain is relieved
- To restore mobility to the legs.
This surgical way to deal with knee pain and immobility is pretty involved when you think about it. Furthermore, if you are taking this operation from anywhere else in the world (other than India), you have to bear a lot more cost than you can imagine. However, when it comes to the matter of kneecap replacement surgery cost in India, the matter is pretty straightforward, for the cost associated are quite low and accessible to anyone around the globe.
The recovery time associated with kneecap replacement surgery
As we are talking about kneecap replacement surgery here, you can expect that the recovery time associated with this can be quite high. Furthermore, there is no magic wand that is just going to make your knee better just by waving it, the physical therapy regime and the diet regime are quite excruciating as well. However, the kneecap replacement surgery recovery time is not that high. The reasons for this are the involved treatment options that the patients have access to:
- Basic movement exercises of varying intensities: Once you have gone through a certain period of bed rest after the procedure, you will begin your physical therapy. The exercise regime during this will begin with basic short distance movements. Then, as the knees start to get better, the exercises will become a lot more involved in terms of intensity.
- The diet during the exercise: As most of your recovery will happen inside the orthopaedic centre, you will be provided the right diet as well. The focus of the foods will be to strengthen your muscles to make sure that every new movement can be tolerated.
- The medications: The medications associated with the procedure are also pretty involved. These medications will entail a combination of supplements and pain relievers. As you move forward with the recovery, the medications will be slowed down and your endurance and will power is taken into consideration for your recovery.
These factors make sure that the kneecap replacement recovery happens in the right time.
However, if you want to have the best results out of these procedures, you need access to the best doctors. To that end, Dr Ramneek Mahajan is the one you ask for when you are looking for the best orthopaedic surgeon in India.
For more information, feel free to get in touch with Healboat with more information.