Knee Pain Causes and Symptoms
The symptoms of knee pain, this sounds a bit weird when you hear out loud. Doesn’t it? Well, no matter how it sounds like, there are indeed some symptoms that are caused due to knee pain. Well this is going to be our topic, to dive into the causes and signs and symptoms of knee pain. Furthermore, we are going to establish the symptoms in the retrospective manner.
We admit, the above paragraph might have sounded a bit weird to you. However, we assure you that by the end of this blog, you will be able to discern the reasoning behind our articulation. That being said, without further digressions, let us dive into the topic pertaining to knee pain causes and symptoms
Common causes of knee pain
The common causes of knee pain can be boiled down to the following points:
- Accidental injuries: One of the most common reasons for knee pain is accidental injury. Now the knee pain due to this can be of varying and for most instances, they are not even chronic. However, in accidents that tend to major, the knee pain persists in a chronic fashion. Furthermore, there have been some injuries that have been so gruesome that a knee replacement surgery becomes a necessity.
Degenerative diseases: Due to old age, you might suffer from degenerative arthritis, this degenerative bone condition soon damages the joint and you can actually hear and sense the grating. Grating is basically you hearing the pain. This happens because the lower end of the femur and the upper end of the lower leg bone gets damaged due to arthritis. There are two kinds of arthritis that cause this issue:
- Osteothritis: It is condition where the articular cartilage of the body gets damaged. This causes the cartilage to get thinned and it further causes the femoral bone and the lower leg bone to contact with each other. As a result, the contact region gets damage and with every movement, the damage further escalates.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: The synovial membrane which produces a lubricant fluid that makes sure that your movement is smooth gets abnormal and as a result the articular cartilage gets damaged. As for the rest, you can already imagine what happens to the bones.
- Birth deformations: There are also birth deformations that cause chronic pains in the knee.
- Seasonal pains: certain changes in temperature of the environment can also cause a lot of pain in the knee. Seasonal pains tend not be chronic. However, they can last throughout the season.
Now that you are familiar with the causes, it is time that we jump in to the matter of what are the symptoms of knee pain.
What are the symptoms of knee pain?
Every sort of propagates and create their own set of symptoms. The case is as same with knee pain. The knee pain signs and symptoms are as follows:
- Immobility: Now, if you are in pain, you might be a bit apprehensive about moving forward. However, if the knee pain is because of degenerative issues, you can imagine that there is a formidable anatomic reason that causes this issue.
- With each step there is pain: the knee is probably the most important joint of the body after the hip. To that end, every step you take is going to put all the pressure of the body on it and you are going to feel pain.
- Lack of focus: Pain makes it difficult to focus on pretty much anything. The same goes for knee pain.
- Episodic pain: Episodic pain can also be one of the symptoms of any sort of degenerative disorder. If you are suffering from any sort of degenerative disorder, you are going to be on the receiving end of the combined symptoms that will involve both the knee pain and immobility.
I hope you also interested to know about knee pain treatment in India