Best Knee Pain Treatment in India
Whenever you hear or read the words treatment and India in the same sentence, your mind straight goes to the home based remedies to deal with the issue. As much as all of them are effective, you should not discount the technological treatments that are present in the nation. The knee pain treatment in India entails a lot more than you realize. To that end, we are going to look into both kinds of treatments; the home based remedies as well as the modern treatments for this issue.
Treatment for the knee pain: the Indian way
Throughout the course of these tips, we are going to look into both the home-based treatments, as well as medications. However, the more pain you feel, the more stringent the treatment. To that end, you should not be surprised if you see orthopaedics as one of the best treatment for knee pain.
Let us now begin with the list:
- Exercise and weight management: This is more of a pain prevention technique. However, you can already surmise the reason as to why we have established this as one of the treatments for you. To that end, make sure that you engage with a high intensity exercise and maintain your weight so that your knees are not too strained. It is because at the end of the day, the reason the knee pain happens is strain.
- Use herbal ointment: India is the home of Ayurveda and it entails several herbal solutions for almost all the malice that harm the body. An herbal ointment that is made out of mastic, ginger, cinnamon and sesame oil can actually relieve your pain to some extent. There heat and cold therapeutic effects is regarded as the reason as to why pain is relieved in this case.
- Heat and cold therapy: Applying a heat-pad at the bottom of your knee is going to give you relief that you wouldn’t believe. Furthermore, if you want to reduce the swelling in the region, you can use the cold gel pack. This heat and cold contrasting therapy should be done on an hourly basis for full effect. There are many other therapies that have their basis with hot and cold and all of them are directed towards relieving the pain.
- Tai Chi: An ancient Chinese form of exercise is something that is performed in India a lot. This particular mind and body exercise have been extremely helpful in dealing with the pain pertaining to arthritis, the degenerating bone disease. Discipline your mind and your body shall follow. To that end, make sure that you follow through this routine if you want some significant amount of pain relief.
- Herbal medications for pain relief: there are some herbal pain relievers. However, they are not what you might expect. They work slowly and the goal of them is also to discipline your mind in order to reduce the pain. However, their effectiveness is sort of questioned with many even saying that these medications are nothing more than placebo. That being said, herbal medications are indeed helpful in this case as well.
- Body supplements: there are some supplements that also assist with pain relief. These supplements being glucosamine and Chonbdroitin Sulphate. The combination of these chemicals is known to have a pain relieving affect on the body. However, when it comes to these supplements, you should know that they are of the strong kind. To that end, you should only take them when the pain is sort of immense and chronic in nature.
- Eat some ginger: Ginger is what you might even call, the “wonder veggie”. We say this because there are many medical applications to this vegetable and not all of them are related to making the food taste good. This particular vegetable or herb can relieve you from stomach pains, cold and also pain pertaining to arthritis.
- Orthopedic: All the natural remedies aside, if the damage to your knee is so great that you are not able to even move properly, you would need a lot more assistance than you might think. To that end, you need the hand of an orthopaedic surgeon to assist you. Through total or partial knee replacement surgery, you can actually get relieved from pain on a more permanent basis. However, this is a process that is reserved for the especially damaged. To that end, you need to make sure that if operation is the only option remaining, you should take it properly.
The final treatment might feel a bit drastic. However, in many circles, it is infact the most effective one. However, a surgical procedure is a step that should only be taken if your options are extremely limited.
Now that you know how knee pain can be treated in India, will you come here to get yourself treated?
Here you can also know the knee replacement cost in India in the best hospitals.